Linda Childs Hothem BAPS '85, 2015 Recipient of the Distinguished Alumni Achievement Award
The nomination process for the 2017 alumni achievement awards is now open!
The Alumni Achievement Awards launched in 2012 as a way to recognize the outstanding work being accomplished by MIIS alumni. Anyone can nominate alumni for their achievements and commitment to MIIS, and faculty, staff, students, or professional colleagues are encouraged to submit nominations. You are also welcome to self-nominate.
The award categories and criteria are as follows:
Distinguished Alumni Award:
• Recipient graduated 10 or more years ago
• Recipient has achieved prominence in his or her field, and epitomizes the Institute's educational philosophy through their contributions to his/her community and/or field
• Demonstrated record of service and philanthropy to MIIS
• The alumnus is a role model to students and his/her journey provides motivation and inspiration to the Institute and its constituents
Young Alumni Achievement Award - two awards given:
• Recipient graduated within the last 10 years
• Currently making great strides as a young professional in their field and/or community and engages with the MIIS community
• Note that one alumnus from both GSIPM and GSTILE will be selected each year
Alumni Volunteer Service Award:
• Recipient has given generously of his/her time to support MIIS
• Engaged in activities related to chapter development/events, fundraising, student mentoring, career support, and/or recruitment
Take a moment to fill out the 2017 Alumni Achievement Award form online.
You may view the 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016 award recipient profiles.
2012 Alumni Achievement Award Recipients outside the Simoneau Alumni House
(L to R: Scott Webb MPA '07, Tarana Patel Chatterjee MATESOL '01, Sam Worthington MAIPS '84, Casson Trenor MAIEP '05)